Saturday, September 22, 2007

Birthdays All Around



September has become a month of birthdays for me. Most of my posts this month have been birthday shout outs. And today is no exception. This day is the birthday of my Hattiesburg roomie Leah. I miss my days in Hattiesburg and especially miss all the fun times I had with Leah and my other college friends. In graduate school, Leah, Myndi, and I were basically the 3 Musketeers. Usually if one of us was around, atleast one of the other 2 were close by. I have so many great memories from those days and wish I got to see more of Leah. She was a fabulous roommate and one of the funniest girls you could ever meet. Here is a picture of us in the 'Burg and just one of the goofy pictures that are sure to exist.

And in keeping with my birthday tradition, here are a few of the reasons I love Leah and am glad she was my college roomie:

1) She loves college athletics as much as I do. Most girls are not as enthusiastic as me about spending a day watching college football but living with an LSU fanatic the year they won the national championship made it even more exciting.


2) She has the most entertaining karaoke skills of anyone I've ever seen. I have never heard "Fancy" sung in quite the same fashion as Leah performed it.


3) She's a great travel buddy. Leah was part of several trips I made in college. My first trip to Chicago wouldn't have been nearly as much fun without her.


4) She has a wonderful family. I spent a good bit of time with Leah's family during our time in Hattiesburg and they always made me feel welcome and part of them.


5) She is a prankster. She started the Honk, It's My Birthday tradition on Myndi's car and then for my birthday she somehow stole my car floormats and replaced them with pink carpet custom cutout ones that still are in my car because she never returned my actual floormats.


So Happy Birthday Leah. Hope to see you soon.


Today is also the birthday of my precious little cousin Payton. She is 3 today and she is such a princess. I know I am probably more than a little prejudiced but she really is one of the cutest little girls I have ever seen. And her personality is so cute. She is a little performer and doesn't shy away from showing out in front of anyone. Here is a picture of her and her best friend Mallanye. Payton is the one on the right. The one posing! Happy Birthday Pay Pay!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to Leah!
We did have some good times in the 'Burg, didn't we? I miss the little Prankster! And yes, I miss you too!! Hurry up and come see me!

Robbie said...

Payton is so cute and definitely a princess....which I love ! Happy Birthday Pay Pay !

Unknown said...

that was so sweet!!! thanks for the birthday blog. I have your floormats. I wanted to give them back to you last time you were in h'burg but they were in storage and I was living in an RV.

we did have some good times!!!

we should plan a trip!!!
I may go back to japan to visit my parents would you want to go??

Unknown said...

I tried to click on myndi's name and blog her but it wouldn't let me so tell her I said thanks for the message and hello