Monday, October 1, 2007

Georgia On My Mind


This weekend I went to visit my best friend Myndi and her husband Brian (and her dog/child Scarlett) in Athens, GA. Myndi moved to Athens last year after she got married because Brian got a job as a professor at the University of Georgia. Athens is a cool little college town and anytime I can make a road trip I'm ready. But to get to visit Myndi makes a trip even better. So Friday afternoon her brother Jared and I made the trip east for the weekend. Other than getting stuck in traffic outside of Atlanta for about 45 minutes and then getting there to find nobody at home, Jared and I made the trip just fine. Once Myndi and Brian finally realized we were just chilling in their living room while they were playing at the neighbors our weekend fun began. Saturday morning Brian found out that he could get 4 tickets to the Georgia/Ole Miss game instead of just 2 like he had originally thought. So Myndi and I were able to join the boys at the game which was really exciting. We had incredible seats 22 rows up in the end zone. I have never been that close at a college football game. And it was even better that Georgia won (Sorry Courtney and Clay!) Of course we were in the sun the whole game and left with crazy sunburns of only half of our faces and necks but it was worth it. I LOVE COLLEGE FOOTBALL! And Saturday night we went back downtown and ate and watched the Auburn/Florida game. Also a very great game. And one of the coolest things about Athens is that there is no indoor smoking so I could actually come out of the bar without smelling like a smoke stack. Go Athens! I wish Meridian would take a lesson. Then Sunday rolled around and unfortunately we had to leave. Of course, a trip to visit Myndi would not be complete without going to Target so we made sure that we went before I had to leave. And what a productive trip. The dollar spot at Target was on fire yesterday. I got so much stuff to use in my classroom for Halloween and Thanksgiving. And I got 2 really cute shirts for less than $20. Unfortunately, I had to come back to work and Jared had to go to school so we had to leave yesterday afternoon. I already miss Myndi and can't wait to get back soon. We don't get to spend nearly enough time together anymore. Growing up stinks! Here are some pics from the weekend:

4 comments:

Unknown said...

you look so pretty in that red!!! Glad you had fun.
i miss you!

LT (and Max) said...

very fun! so great that you were there to see ole miss lose.
fabulous!

Chelle said...

You look great in these pics...looks like you had a blast!

Unknown said...

It was so good to see you! You have to come back soon! I had so much fun!! You can see the pic from the game if you go to www.georgiadogs.com/GamedayShots (FYI- the address is case sensitive). Then Selct Game: 9/29 Then Select Gallery: 29 and you'll see us!