Wednesday, October 3, 2007

A Fairy Tale Day

This week is Homecoming week at West Lauderdale. Oh the memories that have come flooding back seeing the campus decorated, houses rolled, and students dressed in crazy outfits everyday. I loved Homecoming when I was in high school so I was super pumped about being back at my alma mater during this week. I think every place of employment should have a week where you get choose a theme, decorate, and dress up everyday. It really makes it more fun to go to work. Anyway, today was Costume Day and because we weren't sure that all of our kids would actually wear a costume to school, we decided to have the class all dress up together and we would make their costumes. It was decided that we would be Snow White and the 7 dwarfs (even though we actually had 10 dwarfs with the assistants dressed up also). Because we only have 2 girls in our class and weren't real confident that either one would actually keep a costume on, it was voted that I would be Snow White and all the students would be my dwarfs. So for almost a week we have worked on their costumes preparing for today. And since I couldn't find a Snow White costume in Meridian for anyone over the age of 6, my fabulous mother whipped me up a perfect costume yesterday afternoon. She really is amazing. I called her on my way to school yesterday morning and told her I didn't have a costume and if there was any way that she could make me one. And of course, she did. And of course, it looked great. So this morning when my kids got off the bus, I greeted them in grand fairy tale fashion and we dressed them in their cute hats and signs and paraded all around campus. My kids loved the attention and were a big hit with all the other students and teachers. Thought you might like to see some pics of our day.

One more note about Homecoming: Braden is going to be the crown bearer at the Homecoming game Friday night. The oldest teacher's child in PreK or Kindergarten gets to be the crown bearer and flower girl during halftime to crown the Queen. So hopefully he will behave. It could be interesting. Atleast maybe he won't fall asleep like he did when he was supposed to be the ring bearer at Heather's wedding!

6 comments:

Chelle said...

This brings back so many memories...makes me want to go back through all my old pictures and pull out homecoming photos from days gone by at West Lauerdale...could be very interesting!

Unknown said...

awww...snow white! love it.
Braden was a precious ring bearer...asleap or not! At least he smiled in the pictures!
love you!

Unknown said...

ps - your mom IS amazing!

LT (and Max) said...

love it. you make one fabulous snow white!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness I'm loving the pics! Your mom is a sweetheart and a fabulous seamstress. That costume looks great! I'm so glad that you had a fun week!

ABL said...

Ah...memories. Do they still do switch day and pj day. I loved pj day. Any day I could wear pjs to school was awesome! I also remember buddy day. I miss homecoming week.
P.S. your mom is an awesome seamstress! Go Melanie!