Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween


I love Halloween. Costumes, candy, hay rides...what could be better? I'm fairly confident that my students wouldn't disagree. Today was their day. They have become the stars of the school and the other teachers and students have been great with them. Today, we went trick-or-treating around campus to the office and several high school classrooms. My kids loved it and came away with more candy than they will be able to eat before next Halloween. I'm sure their parents are going to love us! Then after lunch, my mom and dad brought a trailer filled with hay to take our class on a hayride around the block. We stopped at several homes on the way that had agreed to have treats for my students. It was so much fun. And though our students at my school always leave early on Wednesday the teachers usually still have to stay to atleast 3 but today our principals let us leave early too so it was a great ending to a busy, busy day. Tonight, I was at mama's so that I could see my sweet nephews in their costumes. She had made them pirate outfits and they were SO precious. Of course, neither of them would let me get a good picture. Braden was way too excited and ready to go on to the next house and Cooper just didn't want to cooperate. But hopefully you can see how super cute these little guys are.
After they went to a few of the houses on their street, they were going to see my Mamaw at the nursing home. They were supposed to have trick-or-treating there tonight also and on Monday I took Mamaw a witch's hat and cape to wear. I hope she didn't lose it or forget to wear it tonight. Since I wasn't going to be able to see her tonight, I took her picture with the hat Monday. Isn't she a cute witch?

P.S. I tried to post this yesterday but my internet has been messing up all week and it wouldn't cooperate last night.

3 comments:

LT (and Max) said...

1. you are the best teacher. a hay ride? awesome
2. B and C look precious
3. LOVE the hat on mamaw!!! :) can't wait to see you all.

Chelle said...

Love the pics of the two "wild boys". I can only imagine how much fun they had trick or treating. Love the picture of Ms Ann int he witches hat.Hope to get home by Christmas to see everyone.
Chelle

Unknown said...

I love mamaw in that hat!
The pirates are presh. I was a priate my sophomore year in college. I wore fish net hose. I could have trick or treated with them!
Love you!