Monday, November 12, 2007

Happy (Early) Thanksgiving


On Saturday, the nursing home where my mamaw lives hosted Thanksgiving lunch for the residents and their families. And even though each resident was only supposed to have 4 guests, my mamaw (Miss Popularity!) had 6 guests and I was lucky enough to be one of those special six. My Uncle Ronnie, Aunt Kay, and Brian were home this weekend because it was Aunt Kay's 40th high school class reunion. They won't be back for Thanksgiving and haven't been home for Thanksgiving in way too long so it was nice to feel like we actually got to share this holiday with them. We had a great time visiting with each other and it was so nice for the nursing home to host this. Even though my mamaw will be able to come to my mom's house for the real Thanksgiving dinner with almost the whole fam, I know some of the residents aren't that fortunate. We had a great time and I am so thankful that I have such a special family.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

so sweet. Can't wait to see everyone at Thanksgiving!! What shall I bring? Pumpkin Surprise? Sweet Potato Surprise? Cranberry and Turkey surprise? The possibilities really are endless. Think about it and let me know.

See you in a week! (almost)

Chelle said...

Love the pictures. I miss you and your family. Hope to se ya'll at Christmas! We will be staying in TN for Thanksgiving.
Love ya girl,
Chelle