Monday, November 12, 2007

Hangin' With Mr. Cooper (and Braden)

Saturday night my brother asked me if I could come over and keep the boys so that he and April could go to a friend's house. Once I checked my oh so full social calendar and realized how fortunate he was that I had a few hours to spare (HAHA), I made my way to Collinsville for a night with my 2 favorite men. Because both boys had been gone all day to Starkville for the football game, I thought they would both be tired and ready to go to bed early. But oh was I wrong. I guess they were fired up about the Bulldog win and were ready to celebrate. They are at an age though that they tend to fight alot so after a while it was easier for me to have them in 2 separate rooms. So Braden was watching TV in the living room and Cooper and I made our way to the play room. I thought we could lay on the bed in the playroom watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and he would fall asleep so I decided to put his PJs on him beforehand. Changing his clothes can be an adventure so I was just grabbing for matching PJs before he ran out of the room. I pulled out Buzz Lightyear, checked the size (3T, fine so far) and corralled him long enough to get them on. Now you would think that a kid who just turned 2 a couple of months ago would easily fit into size 3T pajamas but once I got them on I realized how wrong that assumption could be. Staring back at me was my precious little man in a Buzz midriff top with his sweet chunky belly poking out. I started laughing so hard that I was almost crying. And he was laughing and running around and I knew there was no way that I was gonna be able to get him changed again so we just made our way to the playroom with me thinking that I would change him before I put him down for bed. Well, of course, I completely forgot. After playing hide and seek with the pillows in the playroom and reading him "Hello Bully" atleast 3 times, (How many 2 year olds do you know that hum the MSU fight song and know who Coach Croom is? He has been completely brainwashed!), he fell asleep and I put him in his bed not even thinking about the PJ situation. And I also forgot to tell April that he had on tiny tee so I'm sure on Sunday morning she was questioning why she allowed her children to be left in my care but we had fun and it made for some cute pictures that will no doubt resurface when he is approaching high school graduation. Take a look at my precious chunky monkey.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you should have called Brooklee. I am sure he could have fit in her PJs.

I love B and C.