Saturday, October 20, 2007

So Sorry


Ok, so I realize that it's been two weeks since my last post and that there probably isn't anybody out there actually checking my blog anymore but I have finally found a little motivation to get back in the blogging scene so here goes my attempt at trying to catch you up on my not-so-exciting life these last couple of weeks. Last weekend, me, my mom, and Robbie set off for the beauty and serenity of the mountains. We left Friday after I got off work and I took off Monday so we actually had the whole weekend in God's country. Even though the leaves hadn't turned very much yet, it was still beautiful up there and the weather was absolutely perfect. We didn't get to Aunt Kay and Uncle Ronnie's until late Friday night so we slept in Saturday morning and then Robbie and I went and played around at several of the shops nearby before we headed out to Dollywood that afternoon. We love Dollywood and have never been during this time of year so I was excited to see all the fall decorations. Plus I got to ride the new roller coaster which was so scary but fun. Of course, I couldn't convince my mom or Robbie to ride with me. I guess I looked pitiful standing in line by myself because it wasn't long before two 13-year-old girls adopted me and decided that they would tell me all about this ride and let me ride with them. I hope I get to actually ride this coaster again since I think I only had my eyes open for about the first 15 seconds. That night Robbie and I got in the hot tub and just relaxed and talked. It was fabulous. I would be able to be much less stressed if I had one of those on my porch to get into every night! On Sunday we went to church with my Aunt Kay, Uncle Ronnie, and Brian. We have been with them lots of times to their church and always enjoy it but it is an adventure going to Sunday School with Brian. Since I've been going up there I have been to atleast 4 different Sunday School classes. But the one he is in now I think he is set in. Anyway, Robbie and I were in class with him waiting for it to start, and I was asking Brian what the day's lesson was about. He looked in his book and the title of the lesson was "Be Patient with Others". Then he turned to me and said, "I hope my dad is listening. He needs this big time." I thought I was gonna die. I'm glad class hadn't actually started because I was laughing really hard. Brian is hilarious! He always comes up with funny things to say. Unfortunately, we had to come home Monday and I had to return to work Tuesday but it was nice having a four day week. Of course I think my kids were trying to make sure it felt like I had been there with them all week because they were really stressful Tuesday and Wednesday. But Thursday was Special Olympics so we got to take them bowling. It was so much fun. They were so cute bowling even though I sometimes wasn't sure if that floor was going to hold up to all those balls just being thrown down really hard. All of my kids got ribbons and had a blast. We then took them to the mall and ate at the food court. So Thursday was a fun day and this Monday we are going to the pumpkin patch if it doesn't rain so I'm pumped. I love field trips! So that about covers anything halfway interesting that happened the past 2 weeks. I lead a pretty uneventful life but I do usually try to make it seem like I have a more interesting life than actually is but these past couple of weeks I've just been too tired. I will try to do better in the future.



P.S. I tried to post this earlier but the photo uploading function wasn't working and I didn't really think you would care very much about my post if there weren't any pictures so I decided to wait.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

YAY! You are back! so glad you had fun in the mountains. One of my fav. brian stories is when he was told by the doctors that he needed to cut back on cookies, cake, ice cream, etc...so he switched to OAT MEAL cookies because they were "healthy". HA! So funny. I can just hear him saying that about Ronnie.
Love yoU!

LT (and Max) said...

fun trip!
it definitely put a smile on my face to read that brian story. love it.