Sunday, October 7, 2007

Weekend Recap


Even though this weekend wasn't quite as exciting as last weekend, I still ended up being pretty busy. Homecoming was Friday and all we did in my class was have fun all day. My kids loved the pep rally. We were even presented a certificate for showing so much school spirit during the week. Here's a pic of our door decorated:

Braden got to come to the high school pep rally because he was on the Homecoming court and he was so intimidated by all those screaming high schoolers. The only time he even halfway smiled was when the drum line took center court. But by Friday night he was ready to go. He absolutely loved his tux. Before he left for the game, he told my mom, "Grammy, I look good don't I? I look like a preacher!" I've never really seen too many preachers wearing tuxedos on a regular basis but whatever. He really does want a pair of tuxedo shoes and socks now for Christmas. When I went over after the game Friday, he was already in his bed watching tv but he got up and all he had on were his boxer shorts and those black tux socks. He slept in them all night! I'm not sure April is gonna be able to return the tux without resistance from Braden. He was so very cute on the field and I promise he had more screams and yells than anybody on the actual court. He had a big fan base. My mom and I were sitting with several other members of our family and Braden's teacher and we all yelled for him and my younger cousin Tiffany got most of the sophomore class to scream for him. So he was well loved. Here a few pics of
the day (even though Braden refused to let me get a good one of him in his tux):
On Saturday, my sweet little cousin Payton had her Princess birthday party. Her actual birthday was a couple of weeks ago but she just had her party yesterday. Even though it was really hot, it was fun watching her in her crown jumping in her blowup castle and opening all her baby doll stuff. She is such a prissy girl. Here's a pic of her with her BFF Mallanye:


Finally today Robbie and I went to see the Sound of Music at the Meridian Little Theater. It was fabulous. I can't quit singing "the hills are alive..." I am such a sucker for musicals and jump at the chance to see a good one. This season the MLT is showing 3 musicals so I'm pumped about having season tickets. Today was the opener and it didn't disappoint. These are a few of my favorite things!

2 comments:

Morgan Tart said...

Wow that first pic is bringing back some student council memories!

Unknown said...

TIME FOR AN UPDATE, PLEASE!!!