Monday, September 10, 2007

Luke Family Fun Day

On Saturday, my dad's side of the family got together to celebrate my parent's anniversary and my aunt Kay's birthday. If you have ever been around the Luke family, you know we don't need much of an occasion to eat, laugh, and play. Deanna jokes that we have family reunion every week. But this day was special because we headed to the way deep South of Jasper County where my cousin Lori Ann lives. If you think Collinsville is country you should see this place. My mom and I got lost and went in circles trying to first find a cell phone signal to call someone for help and then finding the actual house. Once we got there though the celebration was on. Lori Ann has many acres of land and tons of four wheelers which for the Luke clan equals hours of fun. We rode all around the yard and even went down the road to their lake and fed their HUGE fish. Another fabulous part of the day was the tire swing. You haven't really lived until you've swung on a tire hanging from a gigantic tree. While I wasn't the only somewhat grownup to ride the 4 wheelers, I'm pretty sure that I was the oldest person on the tire swing. Oh well. Everyone else just missed out.
One of the things that made the day was seeing members of my family ride a motorcycle. My aunt Kay who was celebrating her 65th birthday and her husband both made rounds on the motorcycle, even though I thought Uncle Larry was going to take the house down. But the best site of the day was seeing Robbie ride. She was hilarious. She wanted to ride but started screaming almost immediately after getting on and I don't think I've ever seen anyone holding on so tight.

What a great day! I hope we get to go back to the way way way country soon. And if you haven't experienced a Luke family function, you certainly need to. I promise it will be a day you won't soon forget.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I like to number things:

1) Perhaps you can talk my mom and dad into buying a cycle and putting a tire swing up. That you you can have fun there, too.

2) Trey is obssessed with your parents. This is not a new obsession...it started when we were dating.

3) I like to ride 4-wheelers, too. I did this at the deer camp while wearing camo. It has only happened once in my life (and I am determined to not allow it again) and my attire was documented by my husband a number of times.

Chelle said...

I am going to say this because I have "been there and done that" with the Luke clan as well as the Crenshaw clan..(amazing that they are so much alike, huh?), but what the heck were you thinking getting on a tire swing????(Graciehelen Jr!)
And......I have a mental image that I cannot make go away of LoriAnn and Robbie on that motorcycle...