Sunday, September 2, 2007

Happy 35th Anniversary

Yesterday was my parents' 35th wedding anniversary. I can't believe they have been married that long. There are lots of moments when I've wondered how did they ever get together and how do they put up with each other. But they still love each other so much and have been a great example for me and my brother. Cary and I tried to come up with something special to do for them on their anniversary but after realizing that it fell on the first day of dove season we knew that it was pointless because my dad wouldn't be available. I jokingly asked my mom how she ever convinced my dad to marry her on the opening day of a hunting season. Making him miss a hunt is almost grounds for divorce at their house so he must have really been in love to agree to that date all those years ago. I did get a DVD made for them with a lot of old pictures from before they were married and early on in their marriage. It turned out really well and I had a blast looking through all their old pictures. My brother looks so much like my dad did when he was younger. Neither of us really look like our mom. I'm so glad that I have the parents that I do and I love them both so much. Probably the best thing that they ever did for me was to always give me anything I needed and never give me everything I wanted. They have given me a strong moral foundation and taught me to value people and not things and for that I will always be grateful. I am the person I am today because of their guidance. So thanks mama and daddy. I hope you have a great anniversary and wish you many more happy years. Happy 35th!

3 comments:

Chelle said...

That is too sweet....I know your daddy is never around on their anniversary because ..GUESS WHAT....He's usually with my family...your mom just has to be a part of my family for opening week of dove season..
Tell them both I send Happy Anniversay wishes their way.

LT (and Max) said...

happy anniversary to my wonderful aunt and uncle!!! :)

Unknown said...

love them.

Trey talkes about Danny a lot. It's kinda wierd to be honest.
He is obsessed with your dad. I think because he hunts and my daddy doesn't.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! (a few days late)