Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Celebrate, Celebrate


Because of my change in job and all the craziness of preparing for a new school year in a new place, I had not given much thought at all to my birthday and what I might want to do to celebrate. In my mind, all I needed was that touch from Tim the weekend before. My wish had already come true. So after doing it big in Biloxi I thought my celebrating was over. Boy was I wrong! Other people in my life had a different idea. Last Thursday night 2 of the students I advised in Phi Theta Kappa at MCC took me to dinner. These girls are so sweet and were so much fun to be around this past school year. We went on several trips together and stayed in Nashville for a week together eating, shopping, and dancing. They are both moving on to Jackson State and I know they will be successful in all they do. I love you April and Alyece. Good luck!

On Friday, Haley, one of my best friends from high school was in town for her job and took me to lunch. She is pregnant with her first baby (a little boy) and I was so excited to see her cute self. I haven't seen her since early in the summer so it was great to spend time with her, especially for my birthday. I hate I didn't get a picture of the cute little mama-to-be. It is so crazy that she is having a baby. It will be fun to see how much she learns. Babies haven't usually been her thing! Thanks for being a great Friday lunch buddy Haley. I can't wait to see that sweet little boy.

And finally, Saturday night (my actual birthday) we had a cookout at my mom's and lots of family and friends were there. My family doesn't even need an actual event to get together and have fun but when there really is something to celebrate, you never know what all might go on. It was lots of fun and I got fabulous presents. One of my absolute favorites was a small fondue pot. I have always wanted one of these but I don't think anybody has ever taken me seriously because I have never gotten one until now. I can't wait to use it. So if you think dipping strawberries in melted chocolate out of a really cool pot sounds as exciting as I do, feel free to come over. Thanks Robbie! And if you really want to celebrate right on your next birthday, find a trampoline and friends and start jumping. I don't think I'm going to have another birthday unless a trampoline is involved. It is very entertaining to watch 20 somethings sailing a 5 year old giggling through the air. Yes I know, I have a very boring life but don't judge til you try it. Being 27 does not mean trampolines are now off limits.


I had a great birthday and thanks so much to all of you who wouldn't hear of letting me pass this one by with no celebrating. I appreciate all the cards, calls, emails, presents, and blog shout outs. Happy Birthday to Me!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

YAY! So glad it was fun!
I think I need a trampoline. that looks like fun.

Did you get the message that Trey, Sophie and I left? We rehearsed for hours!!!!

Adelia said...

I did get it Heather and loved it so much I saved it so I can listen to whenever I want (atleast for 14 days until my phone deletes it)