Thursday, January 3, 2008

This is Only the Beginning

January is a month of birthdays for my friends and family so just get ready for frequent birthday blog shout outs. Today kicks off the month right with not 1, not 2, but 3 birthday wishes. I will give them each their proper respect and attention though they are included as one post.

First of all, today is my wonderful cousin Robbie's birthday. And this is a very significant birthday for her, though I won't reveal her age for all of the cyberworld to see. I'm scared she might hurt me. Just trust me that this is a birthday of transition. Robbie is more than just my cousin. She is one of my absolute best friends. We have grown up together and have shared vacations, family celebrations, and more secrets than can be counted. It's awesome to have someone you can share things with who really gets where you are coming from because they understand your background and life experiences that influence your viewpoint. Robbie is that person for me. She has a heart of gold and always wants the best for me and for those around her. I know that no matter what I'm feeling she will listen patiently and supportively and be willing to help me sort through whatever is going on with me. So on this day, her very special day, I just wanted her and all of my other faithful readers (all 5 of you) to know how important Robbie is to me and how thankful I am to have her in my life. I can't wait for the birthday celebrations that are to come this weekend. HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROBBIE!

Today is also my other cousin Kristen's birthday. Yes, I have 2 cousins with the exact same birthday but they are on opposite sides of my family. Kristen is a year and a half older than me and didn't grow up around me but I thought she was the best thing ever when we were young. She, Laura, and Heather used to come stay with me or Mamaw when we were young or I would go stay with them in Starkville and we always had so much fun together. Of course, we did everything Kristen said so that it would stay that way! As Heather said on her blog, Kris can be a little bossy. Since we've gotten older I haven't been able to spend as much time with Kristen as I did when we were small. She is now a wife, mother, and OB/GYN resident in Jackson so she has her plate full. I miss all the fun times we had though and hope she has a great birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY KRISTEN!

Finally, today is my best friend Myndi's younger sister Krystal's birthday. I feel like she is my little sister too because her family always makes me feel like one of them. Krystal has such a good heart and is lots of fun to be around. I wish I got to see more of her. I also wished I lived closer to her because I would go crazy in her closet. She has more clothes, shoes, and bags than I will ever have in my lifetime. Oh how cute I could be if only Krystal was nearby. Move to Meridian Krystal! Hope you have a great birthday.

No comments: