Saturday, January 19, 2008

Let it Snow

When I left Chicago a few weeks ago, I thought I had received my allotment of snow for 2008. I actually thought I had seen the only snow I would see for several years. I had no idea that in less than a month, I would wake up on a Saturday morning at my apartment to discover a world of white in Meridian. My mom called me at 8:30 this morning just to tell me that I needed to get up and go play in the snow before it melted. Even though it is almost melted by this time, it was so pretty this morning. I sat in my living room for a while just watching it fall and then got dressed to go play and take pictures. Here are a few from the morning. My only wish is that this would have happened on a week day so that school would have been cancelled!

4 comments:

Chelle said...

we had the white stuff Wednesday night, about 3-4 inches and are supposed to get some more this weekend...I still get so excited when we get snow up here and the "natives" look at me like I am crazy because they are used to it...It is still fun for a Mississippi girl..
Love the pics.

ABL said...

I'm so jealous!! We didn't get a drop of snow, maybe a few flurries, but nothing like y'all!
So much for farther north gets all the snow :(

LT (and Max) said...

i mean...i GUESS i'm happy for you :)

i still can't believe that we didn't get any! I SHOULD HAVE BEEN VISITING YOU!!!

Morgan Tart said...

I love your mini snowman!