Thursday, January 10, 2008

Oprah is On the Way


Though I just left Chicago a little more than a week ago and was unable to see Oprah while I was there, I just might have another chance without ever leaving Meridian. Yep, Oprah is coming to Meridian, MS. Oprah Winfrey is at this very moment probably either on her way or preparing to arrive in the big city of Meridian. She is doing a show on MS being the fattest state in the nation and she has decided to highlight Meridian. I know that's not such a great storyline to be the focus of but hey, we don't care. We know we're fat and if it means Oprah comes to town, I say we keep eating! Anyway, Meridian started a weight loss campaign in the fall called Just Lose It, Meridian and I think she is coming because of that. Until today, it was just thought to be her trainer, Bob Green, that would be in town autographing copies of his book and signing people up for Oprah's Best Life Challenge. But today, the official word came that Oprah herself will be here and supposedly will be interviewing the mayor, the coordinator of Just Lose It, and 2 or 3 people selected for her Challenge. I may be stalking her for the next 24 hours. I will let my faithful readers know if I am able to catch a glimpse of O. Be sure to watch Monday's episode of the Oprah show to see how wonderfully fat and happy Meridian is to have Oprah in our midst!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

If you see her, give her my love. There is little I love more than o.
Speaking of MS being fat, People mag this month had an article on how fat ms is. All these people from all over the state (ok, like 6 people) are taking a challenge to lose all this weight with the country watching their progress.
maybe we should start a positive campaign...highlighting MS in a good way. then oprah could come to my house to interview me. I would serve dessert.

Chelle said...

Hey girl,
Did you get a chance to catch oprah while she was in town? Suzanne got lots of pictures and has them on her blog (liquid illuzion). take a look...
Chelle