Thursday, December 20, 2007

There's A Party Over Here, A Party Over There

This has been a week of parties. I started the week partying with my students and I haven't slowed up since. Tuesday night, Deanna, Robbie, Brooke, and I had girls night out at Crescent City Grill. We didn't plan it, but we somehow all had on coordinating outfits so I'm sure people thought we were going for group pictures later on. We had lots of fun eating and being silly as usual. For dessert, we made a trip to the drive-thru at the brand new freestanding Chick-Fil-A in Meridian. We are such girls of the night. But a freestanding Chick-Fil-A is a pretty big deal if you ask me. We ended up at our apartment opening presents which is always fun.



Today the partying continued with me, Deanna, and Angela going to eat lunch together at Cracker Barrel. We stayed for over an hour and a half. I'm sure Deidra, our waitress, was ready for us to leave so that she could have more opportunities to earn tips but we were too busy catching up and again opening presents. I love Angela and miss her now that I'm not at MCC. She is such a fabulous person and we had lots of giggling and talking to do. I couldn't have asked for better lunch partners.

This afternoon, I went to Mamaw's Christmas party at the nursing home. It was so sweet. Santa was there and passed out presents to all of the residents. Mamaw got a cute picture frame which is so appropriate for her since she literally has atleast 100 pictures in her room. After her party wrapped up, I walked her back to her room where I saw the Christmas stockings of all of her grandchildren hanging on the wall. Every year at Christmas, my Mamaw hung stockings for us on her mantle but last year, she was living with my Uncle Ronnie and so no stockings were hung. It was so sweet to see all of them hanging again even if it was on a concrete wall stuck with duct tape. I think she has enjoyed having them with her and I'm sure she has loved the extra attention and questions she gets when people see all of them. There are 16 hanging up so it is hard to miss them.

I love this time of year because it means I get to spend even more time with the people I love. Bring on the parties!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i LOVE the stockings...so sweet. I can't wait to see you! two days!

LT (and Max) said...

so glad to see you (and deanna!!). merry christmas!
p.s. how much do i LOVE the stockings in mamaw's room. awesome.