Monday, December 17, 2007

Friday Night Lights


Friday night, Robbie and I went to see Curt in Philadelphia. We met him for dinner where we had excellent service which is unusual for us lately. (Robbie and I seem to be cursed when it comes to good service. Hopefully this curse is ending because the last 2 times we have eaten out we have had excellent service) Anyway, after dinner, Curt had arranged for us to take a tour of the home of a lady in his church who decorates like crazy for Christmas. The last few years, Robbie and I have traveled to Philly to see this lady's outdoor decorations which are unreal. Between her and her daughter they probably decorate 3 acres of yard with lights and wooden cutouts. This year, however, Curt felt like we had earned the privilege of getting to see the inside of her home so he set it up and off we went to Mrs. Goldman's home. This lady is probably one of the friendliest women I have ever met. She immediately welcomed us in her home as if we had been friends for years. She was so sweet and loved to tell us the stories behind all of her decorations. Her house was so festive. I think we counted 7 trees that were decorated (including the mini tree in the bathroom) and under each tree was a village. In her main room was the largest of her trees and underneath it was one of the biggest Christmas villages I've seen. It came out atleast 3 feet from the bottom of her tree. I tried to take pictures but they just don't do it justice. We had a fabulous time as we always do with Curt. You can't ask for much more than good friends, good food, and holiday cheer.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

the toilet seat...classic.

I get to see you in less than a week. PAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTYYYYY!

ABL said...

Wow! I think her bathroom is more festive than my whole house! Love the village.