Sunday, July 29, 2007

He Touched Me, Oh He Touched Me




If you know me at all, you know that I am obsessed with Tim McGraw. He is my number one on almost any list you could come up with. I have seen him in concert twice before but this weekend I was able to see him on his Soul to Soul tour with Faith in Biloxi. Me, my roommate Deanna, my cousin Robbie, and our friend Brooke have had tickets to this concert for several months and I have been waiting as patiently as possible to see him again. Obviously it was my idea to get the tickets and by the time everyone else decided they wanted to go, they were sold out! What a tragedy! But such a little thing would not keep me down and being the Ebay shopper that I am, I was able to find us floor tickets for not too steep a price. Since our tickets were general admission floor tickets, I have been dreaming for these past few months that we would be close enough to Tim to actually touch him. Every time I have seen him before I had pretty good visuals and was actually fairly close, or so I thought. This time though we got to the concert 2 hours before it started so that we could get in line and get on the floor as close as possible. And though my feet hated me the rest of the night, we were within arm's reach of the catwalks coming off the stage. Needless to say, I was about to have a heart attack just thinking how close I was about to be to Tim and Faith. The concert was incredible and though I only got a fingertip on Faith I had full finger contact with Tim. It was something I will never forget. Unfortunately, I have had to wash my hand a few times since then! But the memory will live on!And while I thought I was Tim's number one fan, I was sadly mistaken. Standing right in front of us were 2 ladies probably my parents' age with airbrushed tshirts proclaiming their love. But screaming even more loudly of their devotion were the tattooes of Tim on their bodies. Yes, you read it right, these ladies had actual tattooes of Tim on their backs and had a hole cut out of their custom made t-shirts in order for him not to be covered up. It was a sight to behold. And while I love Tim, I am not inclined to permanently have his face inked on my body. You never know what you might see at a country concert!


To top off our fabulous girls weekend, we headed to Gulf Shores Saturday morning and laid out at the beach for several hours. Other than the mini sandstorm we endured, it was a gorgeous day and wasn't too terribly hot. There's nothing better than laying on the beach reading a good book. Of course, we are all paying for it today because we woke up some crispy girls feeling the burn. I am pretty sure I'm going to peel. Oh well, it was a wonderful weekend and worth the sore feet, burnt skin, and Ebay searching.
P.S. I have tons of pictures of this weekend but since I'm new to this whole blogging world, I don't know how to make cute slideshows or display them in a good way. So until I learn this will have to do.

5 comments:

LT (and Max) said...

YAY!!! i know you were pumped. what a fun concert. (your hair looks awesome too)

p.s. if you want to make a slideshow of pics, try going to one of these: www.photoshow.com, www.picturetrail.com, www.slide.com

The Robertsons said...

Hey Adelia! I have heard so much about you from LT. I love seeing Tim in concert. He is so fun and not too bad to look at either. We sat 2nd row at his concert in Memphis and I touched him twice! It was the best.

Morgan Tart said...

Your not the one who grabbed his crotch are you?

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20048873,00.html

Unknown said...

you look hott.
glad you had fun. I would rather have been eating poo.

Reggie lovorn said...

Dee! We all know that was you in the photo with the hole cut in the shirt. You're living way too fast!

Hey, you never did any of that stuff at my concerts!